Road trips are the easiest way to travel and have fun, whether you take a campervan or your own car. When you go on a road trip, the open road welcomes you and gives you a sense of freedom and spontaneity.
The empty road seems to stretch endlessly, promising you adventures, stunning scenery, and hidden gems along the way. If you have been on a road trip recently, you can relate to how refreshing road trips are and how they can inspire your wanderlust.
To help you share your road trip pictures on Instagram to impress your followers, we have listed some of the top quotes about road trips below. These road trip quotes for Instagram can make your posts look fantastic and worthy of several awe-inspired comments.
Here Are Some of the Most Amazing Road Trip Quotes for Instagram
1. “Look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror.” — Byrd Baggett
2. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Please understand, I have been waiting to leave ever since I figured out that there were roads willing to take me anywhere I wanted to go.” — Anonymous
4. “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” – Jon Bon Jovi
5. “I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.” – Walt Whitman
6. “Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions.” – Jenn McKinlay
7. “The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something – a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly, finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.” – Paul Theroux
8. “Roads were made for journeys, not destinations.” — Confucius
9. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Bob Hoffman
10. “Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity, and reminds us how much we all have in common.” — Deborah Lloyd
11. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
12. “Still, round the corner, there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
13. “One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
14. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” – Douglas Adams
15. “You may not find a path, but you will find a way.” – Tom Wolfe
16. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” ― Pat Conroy
17. “It doesn’t matter where you’re going. It’s who you have beside you.” — Anonymous
18. “I want to go on a road trip. Just you and me. The highway, the radio, the blue sky, the back roads, and windows down. We’ll talk about everything and nothing. We’ll sing our hearts out, and we’ll make memories we’ll never forget. Just you and me.” — Anonymous
19. “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” — Emma Chase
20. “Sometimes, it’s only in walking the path that we discover why we are walking at all.” – Richard Paul Evans
21. “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.” – Angela N. Blount
22. “The road is there; it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.” – Chris Humphrey
23. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
24. “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere. We’ll stop in every small town and learn the history and stories, feel the ground and capture the spirit. Then, we’ll turn it into our own story that will live inside our history to carry with us always. Because stories are more important than things.” — Victoria Erickson
25. “You know you are truly alive when you’re living among lions.” – Karen Blixen
26. “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” – J.R.R Tolkien
27. “People don’t take trips; trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
28. “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” – Eric Roth
29. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S Eliot
30. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.” – Wilfred Peterson
31. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
32. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
33. “Family road trips are special in the sense that everyone can spend time annoying one another in various different places.” – Anonymous
34. “Great companions on the road make trips seem shorter.” – Anonymous
35. “Hard roads require a will of steel.” – Anonymous
36. “If you’re planning to take the risk, do it now.” – Anonymous
37. “It is usually the rough roads that lead to the peak of greatness.” – Anonymous
38. “Just like roads, life has roadblocks. The only way to reach your destination is to adapt to the situation by going around them and looking for other paths.” – Anonymous
39. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
40. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
41. “You don’t choose the day you enter the world, and you don’t choose the day you leave. It’s what you do in between that makes all the difference.” – Anita Septimus
42. “All I need is one wheel in hand and four wheels on the road.” – Anonymous
43. “Any road will take you wherever you want to go. Just pick one and go.” – Anonymous
44. “Arriving isn’t everything. It’s the wild stuff that happens along the way that makes up everything.” – Anonymous
45. “Take vacations and go as many places as you can. You can always make money, but you can’t always make memories.” – Anonymous
46. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Anonymous
47. “Never let your memories be greater than your dreams.” – Anonymous
48. “There’s this thing about road trips that throws our sense of time out of the window.” – Anonymous
49. “Only those who willingly take the risk of going too far can hope to discover just how far they can go.” – Anonymous
50. “People frequently lose themselves in open roads. After all, open roads are venturesome pathways that beckon unceasingly.” – Anonymous
51. “Roads are a record of those who have gone before.” – Anonymous
52. “There’s something about open roads that bellows freedom. They are beguiling, fortuitous, and absolutely liberating.” – Anonymous
53. “The world is round for a reason. It’s so that we would never be able to see too far down the road.” – Anonymous
54. “Unintended detours have been known to take people to the most scenic roads in life.” – Anonymous
55. “We often forget that the road trip itself is a big part of the adventure.” – Anonymous
56. “You are the driver of your own life. Roads will always be there. It’s all just a matter of when you’re going to take them.” – Anonymous
ROAD QUOTES | Inspirational Road Quotes and Sayings
Here are some great inspiring Road Quotes to break the monotony in your life and hit the roads for some fun adventure!
Going on a road trip with friends has a unique charm that you won’t be able to experience if you fly by plane or travel via train to your destination.
The open road helps you focus on the journey to the location, the people, and the moments you have with those around you. These moments are what make great memories you can look back on with friends and family.
The quotes mentioned above are perfect road trip quotes for Instagram that can make for great captions. Whether you are sharing a shot of the great outdoors or a candid picture of you with your friends, choose some of the quotes above for your captions and impress your followers.
Hi I’m Jay. I grew up in Seattle, Washington and live in Los Angeles, California. I have travelled to 23 countries so far and planning to go explore more countries soon! My Favorite trips so far have been to Israel, Japan, Rome, Iceland and Australia. I started this site to share my love of travel with everyone and build a community of like-minded, free thinking, free exploring people.