Now Hiring: CITY GUIDE WRITER
Mondoexplorer a Miami based travel and city guide company, is looking for self-motivated, quick, smart individuals who have an interest in travel and the ability to “explore” cities. This is a freelance job that is available immediately. We are searching for non-fiction writers who can write about US cities in detail and with local know how. We will, in the near future, search for writers for major European and South American cities.
Your tasks will be:
- Compile and research relevant information on your city so you can write about it following style guidelines and format we will provide.
- Review local sight seeing spots, restaurants, hotels and attractions
- Work independently and meet your agreed deadlines
REQUIREMENTS: (NON negotiable - must be able to prove)
- Fun, positive, “explorer” minded attitude.
- You will have to meet an agreed upon schedule of delivery, and be willing to work a flexible schedule, outside of the 9-5 Monday-Friday.
- You will be measured by the quality of your output not when or where you produce it!
- Enjoy working alone, but also likes interacting with people
- Perfect command of English, grammar rules, etc…
- Able to adapt to changing demands of a small business.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a team involved in a start-up company, with direct contact to the founders who have extensive professional experience in companies and projects around the world. If you are good and work well we have lots of opportunities for you in our team, now and in the future. You will also get exposure, as all reviews and guides will be published with your profile. To apply, provide us with your resume, and two short writing samples, one related to the city you would like to work on and the other a review of your favorite restaurant, event or hotel. (No more than 500 words each) We will only contact you if we are interested in interviewing you in a second round. If you wish to be considered for this position, please email all materials to email@example.com. No phone calls please.